Thursday 9 October 2008

Prioritising!!

This week has been hectic to say the least. My workload has doubled and I'm desperately trying to catch up on my Masters as I fell behind a couple of weeks ago. I decided last weekend that I needed to prioritise and reorganise what I do on a daily basis. Both hubby and I are working like crazy to build up funds and extra qualifications to boost this move. But our family life bears the brunt of this. The kids and hubby leave the house before 8am every morning and the first gets back at 5pm and the last is in between 6pm and 7.30pm. Up until recently the older kids also attended school on a Saturday. I'm now getting myself organised so weekends are solely for me, hubby and kids. Obviously extended family are also a part of this. I'm now taking Wednesday mornings off to take the youngest to school and then go to Costa for coffee with friends.....this gives me my 'me' time! I also decided this week not to log onto mymuchmor and was horrified to realise that I had been logging on three to four times a day everyday for the past year!!!!. It had become an addiction. I'm going to allow myself to log in on a Sunday night only!! Following these changes I have completed a load of work in the last 5 days alone! My new students are all prepared and organised, all tutorials are planned, my masters is back on track though the last research paper that I submitted may have fallen victim to me spending too much time on other things! I have even allowed myself a few minutes each week to post in my blog and best of all I am now using the exercise bike each day to prepare for the medicals...yes it will take me 2 years! By reorganising and prioritising I have actually reduce my stress and I'm accomplishing a lot more than I did before.....yeah!!!!

No comments: