Saturday 16 August 2008

Oh no!!

I have been a member of mymuchmor social networking site for a year now. It has been an invaluable source of information but more importantly a source of much needed support. Afriend on the site has been awaiting a request to atend medicals before being issued those all important visa's to Canada. They had been waiting over two years, and had recently made a decision on where they would build their dream home. They have just been informed that their application for immigration has been refused on the grounds of insufficient points. I'm speechless!! I cannot imagine how the family are feeling right now and it appears that there is no avenue to turn to in order to appeal the decision. Although I cannot go in to detail there would certainly appear to be definite grounds to appeal.
In panic I then redid the self assessment test on the cic website and could only get 65/67 points myself....OMG! However when I redid it for the 4th time I realised that I hadn't counted my MA that I am currently studying....just hope I complete it before they ask for updates!!! Watch this space!

No comments: