Sunday 19 July 2009

Hello Spain, goodbye mymuchmor!

I've just had a fantastic week in Moraira, Spain. Temp was 30C+ every day and the villa was brilliant. Hubby stayed Saturday till Tuesday but he managed to chill out anyway. We basically laid by the pool every day relaxing.




















I read Emma Kennedy's 'The tent, the bucket and me'..sooo funny...I swear she was describing all my childhood holidays on varios dodgy campsites in stinking hot tents! Did no work at all on my Masters....got soooo much catch up to do now that I don't know where to start! Have to say EasyJet could not be faulted....brilliant there and back!! Also big thanks to Gold Car rentals who, although they laughed mercilessly at my dire parking (yep all of them at the window...I kid you not!), rang hubby in UK to say I'd left the Tom Tom in the car who in turn rang me at the check in desk so I could retrieve it. The office was full of Brits complaining about their cars....one had the nerve to turn up without actually going through the booking procedure in the terminal......so when I thanked the guy for the Tom Tom he looked so shocked and said he was so glad he could please someone today!!!
Whilst on hols I found out that mymuchmor the social networking site that I've been a member of for 2 years was closing down....its now gone:-(
Recently its been so hard to log on the mymuchmor site that I just haven't bothered much and have been using British Expats instead. I think that now the application process for Canada has changed there's not a lot that I can offer anyone so I've decided not to join the new muchmor social networking site. To be honest I haven't got the time. I had to join Twitter as part of my Masters and I spend quite a bit of time on there now. I can keep in contact with some of the mymuchmor people through their blogs so its not all bad.
So now its getting this Masters completed and passed...I've another assignment and then the final research paper to be submitted by September 27...aaargh!! I've got a new course to tutor starting this October as well as tutoring on one of my existing ones. Hopefully I can take time in October to enjoy the trip to Ontario with 2 of my kids....a whistle stop tour of Toronto University and Halls of Residences on St George Campus, viewing houses in Barrie and Innisfil, meeting up with pals!
Now just waiting for the 90 day letter which I reckon should arrive around the end of August!!!

No comments: