Tuesday 25 November 2008

Collecting the documents!

Well I've now started collecting the documentation even hough we don't expect to hear from CHC until May 2009 at the earliest!
I've downloaded the appropriate forms from the cic website just so I can look through them as they can be filled out online nearer the time.
Someone on the British Expats website every kindly posted the following info:
  • Certified copies of birth certificates and marriage certificate.
  • Employment references from previous employers that included start and finish dates, job title,duties and responsibilities
  • If possible copies of job descriptions, person specifications and contacts of employment.
  • P60s and P45s
  • Certified copies of qualifications
  • Certified copy of the front page of passports

It all seems fairly straight forward. Also need to list everything I've done since 18 years which will include 6 months travelling in 1977 and 5 months travelling in California in 1987. Luckily everything is on my CV so I don't have to try and remember all the dates. Pretty sure I have all the P60's and P45's so can tick them off. Have job descriptions and copies of contrcts fro the past 10 years. Also have copies of all qualifications since age 10 years (speech exam result in year 5!!)....sad I know!!

Hubby's will take a bit longer to track down all his qualifications and jobs but not impossible!

Then just got to get items certified!

No comments: